Control and optimization of combustion in furnaces of a refinery.
MATELCO 6O INSTALLED OVER GAS IN REFINERY ANALYZERS
is important to optimize combustion to reduce fuel consumption and therefore requires precise control of oxidizer (oxygen (O 2 ) / air).
For complete combustion of a small excess it is required O 2 , because faulty air (O 2 ) is unburned and is wasted. Also they obtained unburned in the combustion gases (CO).
If , however, the excess of O 2 is excessive, the thermal energy of the gases will be lower by adding more air ( “cold”) the necessary, which decrease performance and would enhance NOx formation.
Therefore, it is maintaining lower excess O 2 to ensure complete combustion (no CO is formed) minimizing energy losses and the formation of NOx; with a potential fuel savings.
The solution proposed by Matelco are gas analyzers belonging to the Norwegian firm NEO manufactured with laser technology (TDLAS), and have the following advantages:
- No sample conditioning = measurement is necessary in situ
- Measured along a whole section of the furnace, being more representative than other technologies that measure only a point measurement. In furnaces with considerable dimensions, the distribution of gases therein is not homogeneous; depending on where measured, you may have differing gas concentrations measured.
- Tolerate up to 1,500 ° C because they must withstand high temperature conditions inside the oven.
- Suitable for applications with high particle
- They may measuring O 2 , CO and CH 4 , as security parameter during start furnace. If at that time a burner stops operating, it may cause an accumulation of CH 4 which could cause an explosion.
- Fully configured to customer needs, are factory calibrated
- Time less than 2 s answer.
- Check analyzer measurement without dismantling the equipment