How Our CAF flotation equipment works in wastewater treatment
- The cavitation air flotation CAF easy installation and maintenance
- How does our float CAF work?
- Main components float CAF
- Main applications of our float CAF
- Results obtained with our system of floating CAF
- The key advantages of our system of floating CAF
1. The air floatation cavitating CAF easy installation and maintenance
Our flotation equipment CAF , with aeration system patented Hydrocal ® – removes suspended solids, fats and colloids water treatment . Its compact and functional design makes our floats CAF easy to install, operate and maintain a low operating cost.
Unlike the operation of our float DAF dissolved air , our system cavitation air flotation is based on injection of microbubbles directly to the wastewater flow, without air supply.
Floatation equipment is not required air compressors or pumps or pressure tanks for adequate wastewater treatment.
Its rectangular and compact design facilitates installation in tight spaces. The CAF float is composed of the following four sections:
1 # aeration section through a diffuser cavitation.
2 # flotation section (clarification).
3 # Canal solids discharge by worm.
4 # Canal clarified water discharge through adjustable overflow.
4 sections of flotation equipment CAF
2. How does our float CAF work?
1 # Section aeration
In the first aeration section , the aerator sucks air from the environment, which descends through the central axis of the aerator, introduced into microbubbles directly in the wastewater flow. In its ascent, microbubbles adhere to the solids in suspension dragging towards the surface where they are kept in floating state .
At this point, the blade-rake sweep floating solids, fats, oils, suspensions and colloids , driven by a chain set, and lead to the discharge channel . Once there, the worm collects and transports the solid to a slurry container.
The water in the float section is continuously recycled to the aeration chamber through the recirculation pipes, and thus, sediment formation is prevented. Also, the continuous circulation of water in the aeration chamber is completely guaranteed, although the power has been interrupted.
Clarified water flows into a adjustable overflow which controls the level of the main tank and finally bound directly from the overflow to discharge.
3. Main components float CAF
1 # scan mechanism float
At the top there is a computer scan mechanism floated , extended over the entire surface and electrically driven. Its chain drive polyacetal is low friction and high strength, with neoprene blades and supports in AISI 304/316 stainless steel and IP55 protection. The speed of this mechanism is variable frequency drive.
2 # The conveyor screw floated sludge
The blades collect mud and drag float to a screw which conveys it up outside the machine. The screw is made of stainless steel and is a system operating fully automatically.
The sludge conveyor screw can be manufactured with flat or conical bottom.
3 # Aerator
The aerator is the most important component of any CAF team as it is responsible for producing microbubbles will float the solids and fats were removed by flotation.
The proper functioning of this element will allow us to achieve high removal efficiencies in water.
In our equipment we installed the aerator from the American firm Hydrocal ® robust and high quality manufacturing. We have seen in all those flotation equipment CAF we have implemented over 20 years, provided our customers a wastewater treatment adequate and efficient .
4. Main applications of our float CAF
Below, we have compiled the main applications of our system cavitation air flotation CAF and sectors with greater demand for these teams.
CAF technology is applied as primary treatment in the following sectors:
– food processing plants
– Meat industries and preserves.
– Production plants lipid
– Processing citrus
– Cosmetic Industries
– municipal sewage
– Paper Industries
– Oil installations
– chemical process plants
Also, it applied as secondary clarifier in biological processes:
– For the sludge thickening physicochemical and / or biological
5. Results obtained with our flotation system CAF
“Our flotation devices provide highly efficient water clarification”
– The CAF system is very efficient in removing suspended solids and colloidal and in removing oils and greases.
– In general terms, using the appropriate dosage of reagents, efficiency in the separation of suspended solids (SS or MES), oils and fats (A and G) exceeds more than 90% overall; depending on the application and can reach 99%.
– Reducing the value of the biological oxygen demand (BOD5) depends on the organic content and biodegradability in the separated solids, for each particular case, but is achieved, in general, an average reduction of 40-70% with float CAF.
– The percentage reduction in the chemical oxygen demand (COD) are generally slightly higher than the above, since biodegradability is not included, making it possible to exceed 70% with the CAF , especially when the concentration of suspended solids is high.
– Typical percentages of reduction obtained with the CAF system:
|MES – separation of suspended solids||90-95%|
|A and G – oils and fats||95-99%|
|COD – chemical oxygen demand||45-55%|
|BOD – biochemical oxygen demand||40-45%|
6. The key advantages of our system of floating CAF
– It is easy to install, operate and quick start
– Its compact rectangular design in AISI 304 or 316 AIS
– Easy access to all moving parts
– Low power consumption 1.2 CV
– Large capacity of 3 to 200 m 3 / h
– No installation of underground pipes need
Its compact rectangular design facilitates flexible installation –
– minimum maintenance time; cleaning nozzle or nozzles is not required.
– No need air compressor or pumps or pressure tanks
– flotation equipment are custom made.
“Our teams CAF flotation are compact, easy to install, operate and maintain a low operating cost.”
Contact our experts to learn more about our float CAF or offer a service that best suits your specific needs technical advice.